Monday, September 21, 2009

3 years ago today...

Today is Reid's BIRTHDAY!  Happy birthday, sweet boy!  We have had an action-packed day and I'm exhausted.  Before I retire for the evening, I wanted to travel back to this special day, 3 years ago when you were born.  Such a perfect gift from up above.  Reid weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz. and was a wonderful bundle of love.

Soon after his birth, the new family of 3

Precious

One proud, proud Papa (with his awesome Jets blanket and cot in the background)

He liked the paci for 4 whole months (neither of my children have been paci fans)...this was his first try

So sweet

  On the way home from the hospital--this deserves its own post-- there is "Wion" with Reid, looking all new.  Lion has been a bestie from the get-go.  (I feel like sappy friendship background music should be playing right now).  Reid really enjoyed seeing this picture when I took him back through memory lane.

Reid was jaundiced so we had to give him formula the first 2 weeks of life often.  Kyle was such a fabulous Daddy from the start.  I LOVE Reid's hair...one of my favorite thing about this pic.

Dear Reid,

You are such a blessing in your father and my lives.  Words cannot begin to express how much you mean to us.  You have been such a joy to raise and I'm so excited to see what the future holds.  Everyday you make me laugh with something you do and say. 

The first year of your life you had to be the most laid back baby I've ever seen (although I'm biased).  ;-)  You rarely cried and were just content kicking, cooing, playing, etc.  You loved to talk at an early age, saying "Daddy" crystal clear by 10 months.  Time flew by way too fast that year!  Such wonderful, perfect memories!

Each year I've seen you grow and grow...a year ago you were scared of playscapes and climbing yet this year you are all over place.  You have more energy in an hour than I could have in an entire week.  It honestly amazes me how active you've become.  You are now talking very well, making conversation easier yet your thoughts are hilarious and all over the place.  I love it!  You are still such a fan of garage doors and doorstops...they have fascinated you for such a long time and still continue to do so.  The novelty has not worn off, apparently.  Everyone loves your deep, serious voice you get when you talk to adults.  You LOVE the Baylor bears and spelling the word, "B-A-Y-L-O-R."  This makes your father very, very happy (and me too!).  You are still so musical and love to sing.  Kyle thinks you sing on key (I have no clue b/c I might actually be tone-def), but if he says it then I believe it.  You say the sweetest prayers ever.  I love hearing who all you're thankful for...and what all.  You have been thankful one night or another for just about every person you've come into contact with, along with things like your fan, the blinds, the window and the doorstop.  I LOVE the way you say "Caroline" and how much you make her laugh.  She thinks you hung the moon.  You are adored. 

I read today that 3 is the "magical year" for a child.  A child's imagination goes crazy with wonder and excitment.  I have already been seeing this in you for awhile and cannot wait to see more.  You have become so imaginative.  You have a blue house, a red truck and a black steering wheel.  Your blue house has blue stairs and one bedroom.  You talk about your blue house daily...almost hourly.  The other day you went for a ride in Wuh Wuh's (one of your imaginary friends) racecar, while Ellen and Jenna (your other imaginary friends) went riding off in their blue car.  I just listen and laugh.  You are a joy!

I love you more than yesterday but not quite as much as tomorrow, little man!

Mommy

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment