I'm feeling a little sentimental tonight as I think back on this last year with my sweet, dear friend, Mr. Canon Rebel XSI.
Oh Mr. XSI, how we've become such besties! Just under a year ago I didn't have a clue how to use you but I was bound and determined to learn. ISO, Aperture Priority and Shutter Speed were words that sounded rather Greekish when it came to my knowledge level. Thanks to some awesome friends with amazing teaching skills, coupled with the fact that I learn by doing, I think I have learned the art pretty good in a year. Sure, I still have a ton to learn and get better on, but I'm so proud of my journey thus far.
I love looking back at the past years' pictures, seeing little ways that I've slowly improved over time. I remember I spent the entire month of August working solely on focus--I'm either really trying to learn or really bored, and I can promise you my life is NOT boring. Shh--I still post a ton of pics out-of-focus b/c they're still so darn cute, but the tack sharp one's make my heart leap for joy! I guess that's not much of a secret, but steady hands, focus point in corner of eye (that's my philosophy at least) and great lighting are my key ingredients. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Oh how I love it when they do...and oh how I love finding great lighting. I have 2 rooms in my house that contain this kind of lighting which make me ridiculously happy.
Photography has given me a hobby that I'm truly enjoying, and for that I'm so thankful. It helps to have the two cutest muffins in the world to practice on--Thank you, Lord! It also helps that I'm more than willing to learn...and it's fun! Thanks to all who have helped me learn over the last year. Thanks to all who have written or said sweet comments about my photos. Lastly, thank you Mr. XSI for introducing me into this fabulous world of beautiful art. Hopefully each year I will get a little stronger at this art. Makes me excited to think about! :)
jaime,
ReplyDeletei look at your photos and am in awe. i so badly want to learn all of those techniques you are talking about. just need to find the time to play. you are doing a great job!
Your pics are awesome! Can't believe you have only been doing it ONE year and are this good!
ReplyDeleteYou really are very talented and I am continually impressed that you shoot on manual!! I just can't seem to get it right...
ReplyDelete